UK, North West Blog

Wednesday, 5 October 2016

The Foundation That Covers Acne - Nars Sheer Glow

If you've been living under a rock the past couple of years or are just yourself getting into beauty then you probably haven't heard of this product. However, if you are anything like me and are in fact a beauty enthusiast, then you'll have heard about the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. This foundation has taken the beauty world by storm, with a lot of bloggers labelling it as their 'holy grail foundation'. It has been a while since this foundation launched but only in recent months have I been able to purchase it for myself and try it out, so I thought I would throw my two cents out there as well. Who knows, maybe a newbie might find this rather new review helpful?

Nars label this product as a 'glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone'. Do I agree? Yes I do. Everything that has been written about this product and labelled on their packaging describes the product to a T - something not many products do! Applying one layer will give you a natural but sheer finish, so any blemishes, spots etc. will show. Add another layer and it almost instantly hides your blemishes and any redness. Add more and it acts as a concealer, almost. Carry on and well... you may have a recipe for cake face.

To start with I will go in with my damp beauty blender and one pump of foundation (a pump comes separately at £3) and gently pat it into my skin until it feels like its sunk into the skin. At this point my skin will look even in tone, however, some redness and my any blemishes still stand out. This is when I take another pump of foundation, around half a pump, and gently pat it over the areas I feel I need it the most. This is generally my cheek and chin area at the moment as my skin has been breaking out a lot, which I think is due to a serum which I mentioned in my previous post. Again, I will pat this into my skin until I feel it has settled into the skin comfortably.

This foundation has buildable coverage which has managed to cover any spots and redness I have remarkably well and my complexion and base looks instantly flawless! I tend to apply this around 7am most mornings and will find on some days it can last until around 10pm at a push at night, whereas if my skin is particularly oily that day then it will last until around 4pm, which is still a pretty long time especially for someone who like me has oily skin with acne which can be a difficult combination to battle. Besides, the caking factor after a few hours, much like any other foundation, I can't fault it. There is no oxidisation throughout the day and their lightest shade is just enough for my skintone!

Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow? Do you agree that is can be classed as a 'holy grail foundation'?

Penny
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig