As the festivities are in full swing with Christmas and with New Years only around the corner, followed by Valentine's Day, it's the perfect time to spruce up your date nights. For me, date night is all about the takeaway and nights in playing on Sims, however, as it is a new year (yes I am going to be using the saying everybody hates) its the time for new beginnings and I really want to make 2017 count, so why not make it count by sprucing up my date nights? 

Now, date night can be daunting for some with the thought running at the back of your mind as to whether everything you've planned is going to go down well or in simple terms, thrown in the garbage. That is why I have teamed up with Turo, to share with you guys some simple and exciting date night ideas for the new year in order to make your time with your loved one that little bit more special.

After Work
When it came to thinking up of how I would want my significant other to spend our date nights from my perspective, I began to wonder was it really all about the flowers and chocolates? To be honest, those are nice but it doesn't have to be mandatory within your relationship, especially as they are seen as the 'norm'. However, as most couples do work a 9-5 job, it can be a little daunting to make your date nights fun but at the same time relaxing, especially after a busy day. So how can we spruce up those date nights and make them fun ready for the 6am wake up call?

Pick A Destination, Make A Picnic and Go For Miles / Although you both may have had a long day, nothing compares to those extra special nights where the weather is perfect, not too cold or hot, and where you can talk endlessly about everything and anything. If your partner is someone who does half days, then this can be perfect for after work or even for the weekend when you have some more time. Pack a picnic, choose a destination and just go until your heart is content. Visit those extra special places where you use to go as kids or that you even went to in the first couple of months of dating. Who knows, this could even be a nice place for those extra extra special moments.

Pick Them Up From Work / If your partner is someone who commutes to work on public transport and finds half the time they are late or is currently in two minds about keeping their current car for a newer model, this is a great opportunity to introduce some new metal into their lives. Turo, are a great car rental company offering you a variety of car choices depending on your location and where you want to go. Commuting to the office? Need a hand lifting those heavy goods into the warehouse? Turo will have your other halves back and plus, who doesn't love testing out a new car? It may be the final push to make you want to buy that newer model. 


Set The Scene / One thing I want to do in 2017 is cook more and start making more dishes such as Chinese food, curries and more. I can make your classic stews and shepherd's pies, however, those are more Sunday meals. So for me, cooking a lovely meal, setting a few candles and even running a relaxing bath gives that extra special touch to your other halves stressful day. 

Takeaway and A Film... With An Added Bottle Of Bubbly / I couldn't write up a date night ideas post without including old faithful and quite frankly, my favourite - takeaway and film night! However, we have a tiny twist to this one... Let's bring out the bubbly! Its been a long day, your partner wants to put their feet up and relax for the evening without doing anything major, so what would be the perfect way other than letting them pick the film, cracking open your nearest favourite alcoholic beverage and grabbing the closest takeaway menu you can find. 

The Weekend Is Here
It's Friday, the weekend is here and that means it is time to put away the paperwork, cancel any work assignments and just go out and have fun! Have something you really want to do together? Have you saved for the past couple of months for an activity your other half has been dying to do? The weekend is the time to put all these ideas into action and that is what I plan to do this 2017.

Outdoor Activities / The first activity I plan to do come the new year and the warmer weather is to have a go at Go Ape. I'm not one for outdoor activities or heights for that matter, but I plan to make 2017 that extra special for both me and my boyfriend by going out and doing more, and if my boyfriend finds any amusement in the fact I don't like heights then I know I will have accomplished at least one mile stone. 

Take Up A New Hobby / If you read my goals for 2016 post, then you'll know I wanted to take up exercise over the course of 2016. However, due to a lack of being lazy and also wanting to spend all my days on Sims, I evidently gave up on the idea of going to the gym. Now, I'm not going to mention that I'm actually going to go to the gym come 2017 as that is going to be unrealistic for me, but what I do plan to do is either go jogging or even go on bike rides more with my other half once the warmer months start to draw in. You have an empty Sunday with nothing to do. The work load has been completed and so has all the house work, so why not spend a crisp Sunday morning biking around your local area or even jogging? It's a great way to spend more time with your man or woman and I also find it helps motivate you to do it more if you have someone to do it with.

Travel Away For The Weekend and Visit More Tourist Attractions / I can remember ever since I was a very small child of having a love affair with museums. Just seeing the history and the stories behind everything is just something that really intrigued me. Therefore, having a weekend away with my loved one to explore and spend the evening together away just the two of us, allows both of us to get to know each other a little bit more and also gives us extra time to do things both of us love. Also, with the help of Turo offering their car varieties, it gives both me and my boyfriend the opportunity to make the most out of our trip, and after looking at their Mercedes-Benz G-Class offering, I can't wait to begin saving! 


What are some of your date night ideas? Have you done something similar to these, or have these inspired a new take on what you can do for date night?

Penny

P.S. I just want to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year! I can't believe I've managed to blog for a year, this was always a goal of mine to get past a year point and I've somehow managed to do it! Do expect to see more come 2017 and I will hopefully be introducing some new content to my blog over the next year, so make sure you follow me so you don't miss a post! 


In collaboration with Turo