Before I ever knew that the world of dry shampoo existed, I was the type of person who would wash their hair everyday. Now, I know you'll probably want to hit me round the head with a bottle of shampoo at this stage, but with having over oily hair glands meant that after 24 hours of washing my hair I would have to wash it again. I am aware this can be stripping to my hair and can cause it to dry out, but it did become an endless cycle of I can't be bothered, I'd rather just cut all my hair off and I even considered going for the greasy hair bun on most days (and I never tie my hair up!).

However, the miracle of Batiste Dry Shampoo came into my life when it got to the stage where I thought enough was enough. Don't get me wrong, I love Batiste and the finish it gives, but I hate the chalky feeling it leaves behind as well as the white residue if you happen to be wearing black clothing. This was when I began on the hunt for the next best thing.

Tresemme is a brand I love. Their shampoos and conditioners work a dream for my hair and their hairspray is the right formula for me to able to do my hair more than once, without the need to wash it to get the hairspray out (a quick simple brush through is all you need!).

The packaging for this product, much like other tresemme products is quite thick. Therefore you feel like you're getting your money's worth in terms of product to price ratio. It has an easy spritzing technique, but I do feel that the weight of the bottle can make the handling of distributing the product a bit less even unless you have some muscle in those arms of yours.

The product itself however, is not as nice as the Batiste one I am sad to say. Much like most of their hair product line that I love, I felt this lacked a lot and didn't live up to my love I have for the rest of the line. The formula felt quite heavy and thick, therefore trying to rub it in and distribute it did make it feel more like a heavy hairspray. I also felt like it made the roots of my hair a lot heavier, whereas Batiste didn't. As for whether it dried up the oils in my hair throughout the day, I did find that it did but at the same time my hair still felt dirty due to the formula being thick and weighing down my hair, which with a dry shampoo I want it to feel weightless as though I had just washed my hair that night/morning. As for any left over residue? Well, much like Batiste it did have a chalky feeling to it and there was some white residue left on my clothing which did disappoint me, especially as many reviews claimed it to have a sheer formula, but sadly this one did not.

What are your thoughts & experiences on this dry shampoo by Tresemme?

Penny